Peter's corporate and commercial advisory work extends to corporate and business structures, joint ventures, capital raising and a variety of contractual forms and arrangements. Apart from corporate and commercial advisory work, a key area of expertise for Peter is infrastructure and energy, in particular renewable energy.
Peter has been the lead lawyer providing corporate, construction and contractual advice in wind energy projects in Australia, New Zealand and Thailand. He has also advised in projects featuring other renewable energy technologies (such as solar and hydro), non-renewable energy projects and in the transmission and distribution sector.
Peter has practised as a lawyer in England and Germany, speaks fluent German and is admitted to practise law in Australia, England and Wales.
- Advising, negotiating and drafting of contractual documents in a number of wind energy projects in Australia, New Zealand and Thailand, including shareholder and funding agreements; engineering procurement & construct contracts; operations & maintenance contracts; subcontracts; grid connection agreements and finance deeds. Peter advised the EPC contractor for the Challicum Hills wind farm project, the first project-financed wind farm in Australia.
- Advising, negotiating and drafting of sub contractual documents for the design and installation of tolling and vision systems for infrastructure projects in Queensland and Victoria (including the Gateway Upgrade Project and a proposed freight infrastructure charge project).
- Negotiating and drafting financial management, operational obligations and related undertakings concerning one of Australia's largest stadiums (both in its redevelopment and long-term operation) on behalf of a State government (Treasury); to apply to the ground operator and supervisory entity.
- Negotiating and drawing of asset, business and share sale documentation for mid to large sized entities, the sale of large energy facilities and projects. This has included renewable energy assets and companies, such as the Mt Mercer and Mt Gellibrand wind farm projects.
- Corporate and commercial advisory legal work in connection with the establishment of Australian operations, distribution networks, agency arrangements for a number of international clients, including one of the world's largest distributors and resellers of digital product.
- Negotiating and drawing share sale, equity swap and put/call option agreements for listed and non-listed companies; capital raising documentation in the context of investment, mezzanine financing and the development and commercialisation of technology and products.
- Negotiating and drafting building contracts, project management contracts and undertakings for large-scale developments.
- Structuring, negotiating and drawing of structures and restructures of companies, partnerships, shareholder and unit holder agreements in a variety of circumstances.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Bachelor of Arts, Honours (B.A. Hons)
- Zentrale Mittelstufen Pruefung (German language qualification)
- Barrister & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Barrister & Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England & Wales
- Wind Directorate Clean Energy Council
- Solar PV Directorate Clean Energy Council
- President, Australian Business in Europe (Australia)
- Executive Officer, Australian German Association
- Law Institute of Victoria
- "Tilting at Windmills - Will they be Built?" - EcoGeneration Magazine - Jan/Feb 2010 (Part I) Mar/Apr 2010 (Part II)